It is strange that only a few short hours after returning everything seems to have pooled away. I am tired and feel emotionally spent. I don't feel like I want to go to Church or to go into the office this week. I feel like I'm going to see some of my kids revert back to problems they were experiencing before we left. I think I am pulling a couple things from this. First off, I truly believe the emotional high I experienced was the sense that comes with being intune with the Holy Spirit and allowing Him to guide my service to God. I truly believe that we experience our greatest fulfillment when we are in the midst of God's will. Secondly, I think that this is once more a good reminder of the reality that being a Christian actually requires personal effort. I can allow my feelings to incapacitate me this next week or I can take my experience and allow God to use it to shape me and the people he has given me to shepherd and to do His will. I hope I choose the latter.
I wish to find a way to share some of my better thoughts with the outside world in hope that it will bring others wisdom from my experience or at the very least a little entertainment. The title I think reflects best what my hope is for the content. As I transition into the public blogging realm I hope that the accountability of public opinion will also serve to shape the way I choose to write.
Saturday, 23 July 2011
Down Time
I just came back from my Youth Mission Trip to Vancouver. It was incredible. I felt so alive and so excited to serve and see God work through me and in my kids. In so many ways it was a spiritual high, not even in the typical warm fuzzy feeling but in an authentic way of experiencing God's goodness powerfully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment